web site hit counter The Reel List: A Categorical Companion to Over 2,000 Memorable Films - Ebooks PDF Online
Hot Best Seller

The Reel List: A Categorical Companion to Over 2,000 Memorable Films

Availability: Ready to download

This whimsical movie guide provides reviews and trivia on more than two thousand films and is presented in a thematic format with such section names as "Killing Your Spouse," "The Afterlife," and "Shakespeare Ripoffs." This whimsical movie guide provides reviews and trivia on more than two thousand films and is presented in a thematic format with such section names as "Killing Your Spouse," "The Afterlife," and "Shakespeare Ripoffs."


Compare

This whimsical movie guide provides reviews and trivia on more than two thousand films and is presented in a thematic format with such section names as "Killing Your Spouse," "The Afterlife," and "Shakespeare Ripoffs." This whimsical movie guide provides reviews and trivia on more than two thousand films and is presented in a thematic format with such section names as "Killing Your Spouse," "The Afterlife," and "Shakespeare Ripoffs."

27 review for The Reel List: A Categorical Companion to Over 2,000 Memorable Films

  1. 4 out of 5

    Aki Umemoto

    A fun book for avid film fans. This pre "WatchMojo.com" era book creates lists of films under unusual categories like Plastic Surgery, the Polar Regions, Nuns, The Butler Did it, All That Jazz, Movie About the Movies, and many others. My favorites are about the cinematographers John Toland, James Wong Howe, and John Alton, the master of film noir. Each film comes with a short paragraph explaining its place in the category and when the same film shows up in another category, it has a different pe A fun book for avid film fans. This pre "WatchMojo.com" era book creates lists of films under unusual categories like Plastic Surgery, the Polar Regions, Nuns, The Butler Did it, All That Jazz, Movie About the Movies, and many others. My favorites are about the cinematographers John Toland, James Wong Howe, and John Alton, the master of film noir. Each film comes with a short paragraph explaining its place in the category and when the same film shows up in another category, it has a different pertinent commentary. I have seen or know about 95% of the films listed and because of this book, now seek to see the other 5%. This is ideal for anyone who likes film and wants recommendations to enlarge their film knowledge. I've had this book since it first came out in '95 and have read lists here and there but now finally read it from cover to cover. I wish they would update it, but with so much content now, this may mean an entirely new book.

  2. 5 out of 5

    Nancy

    I don't even remember buying this book, so maybe someone gave it to me? Anyway, it's been sitting on my movie book shelf for awhile and I just skimmed it. Again, like my Cinematherapy book, it is so old that I don't know if many of the films are even ever available to see, but there are some I will try to watch. It is a unique book in that the author has made theme connections. Movies are grouped together that way, with brief descriptions of plot and listing of directors and cast. So it gives th I don't even remember buying this book, so maybe someone gave it to me? Anyway, it's been sitting on my movie book shelf for awhile and I just skimmed it. Again, like my Cinematherapy book, it is so old that I don't know if many of the films are even ever available to see, but there are some I will try to watch. It is a unique book in that the author has made theme connections. Movies are grouped together that way, with brief descriptions of plot and listing of directors and cast. So it gives the reader a different perspective to make connections not necessarily thought of before. And the movie critic provides entertaining little asides throughout, which I found intelligent and fun.

  3. 4 out of 5

    Terry Cohen

  4. 5 out of 5

    Nancy Loe

  5. 5 out of 5

    Anne

  6. 4 out of 5

    Dave Bastian

  7. 5 out of 5

    Jay

  8. 4 out of 5

    Tim

  9. 4 out of 5

    Carrie

  10. 4 out of 5

    Abby

  11. 5 out of 5

    Josh Kirschenbaum

  12. 5 out of 5

    Chris

  13. 4 out of 5

    Laura

  14. 4 out of 5

    Luis

  15. 5 out of 5

    Tim

  16. 4 out of 5

    Lilly

  17. 5 out of 5

    Jennifer

  18. 4 out of 5

    Mona

  19. 5 out of 5

    Raf Linmans

  20. 5 out of 5

    Rand A. Murnane

  21. 4 out of 5

    Eileen

  22. 5 out of 5

    Marta

  23. 4 out of 5

    Dan Sullivan

  24. 4 out of 5

    Christine

  25. 4 out of 5

    Jolene Sweetman

  26. 4 out of 5

    KU2

  27. 4 out of 5

    Christa Greene

Add a review

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Loading...
We use cookies to give you the best online experience. By using our website you agree to our use of cookies in accordance with our cookie policy.